27 March 2008

more poems

Mean Old Hermon by Lucilius

Mean old Hermon
dreamt he'd spent
all his money
and hanged himself
for fear of
dreaming it agin.

Secrets by Judith Viorst

Anne told Beth.
And Beth told me.
And I am telling you.
But don't tell Sue -
You know she can't
Keep secrets.

Not Being Able To Sleep by Siv Widerberg

The worst thing about
not being able to sleep
I think
is
when you suddenly realize
that you're not going to be able
to sleep.

Snap by Anon

One night I saw a little mouse
Come creeping through my door
I set a trap,
The jaws went 'snap' -
And is my big toe sore!

Appreciation by Harry Graham

Auntie, did you feel no pain
Falling from that willow tree?
Will you do it, please, again?
'Cos my friend here didn't see.

Poem In Praise of Practically Nothing by Samuel Hoffenstein

You buy some flowers for your table;
You tend them as tenderly as you're able;
You fetch them water fom hither and thither -
What thanks do you get for it all? They wither.

Water by J. Rosen

Water is wet
Fire is hot
I'm me
And you're not.

The Long-Sought-After Proof That Money Grows On Trees by Louis Phillips

  1. Money is what people get when they sell.
  2. Sell sounds the same as cell.
  3. A cell is a tiny room
  4. One kind of person who lives in a tiny room is a monk.
  5. Monk is a short form of monkey.
  6. Monkeys eat bananas.
  7. Bananas grow on trees.

THEREFORE, money grows on trees.

Hahah I hope you liked them :)

Loadsa love

Vicki

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

blacksun said...

i really like the last one. :)